Recent Articulate 360 Update

Aug 02, 2017

Hi,

Can you give me a summary of the updates recently pushed out to 360 users?

Since the update, I'm experiencing problems opening the content via our LMS using Internet Explorer (which we have always used).  However it does open using the Google Chrome browser.  Our LMS has had no updates in the interim.

14 Replies
Leanne Spain

OK we just received an update yesterday 1 August 2017 (just to Storyline 360 only).  I've reviewed your list and it only provides information on the July 19 2017 update.

Further I re-opened and published using Storyline 2 and the file opened correctly in our LMS using IE as the browser.  This issue has only occurred since our recent update.  Also there has been no change to our LMS requirements.

Marie McGuire

Good afternoon all!

Folks at our office are experiencing the same issue.  Courses published in 360 prior to the update are functioning perfectly however courses published after are not loading at all.

We have found a workaround whereas the learner needs to turn off compatibility mode and the course will then load.  Problem is we have 80 thousand learners and hundreds of courses, this is not a long term solution. 

We did have a computer that was not updated to the newest version so we republished the course with that and boom -- the course works. There was a change in this update that broke something. I hope Articulate is working on this.

Alyssa Gomez

Hi everyone,

First, thank you so much for sticking with us on this issue and keeping us updated here. I know this has been causing frustration for you and your learners, and we've been working hard to nail down the culprit.

We have confirmed that this is a bug with Storyline 360 Update 3.7.12674.0, specifically that content does not play in IE11 when compatibility mode is enabled.  Although this is not a longterm solution, I would recommend disabling compatibility mode for the content to play.

Our Support Engineers are happy to test your course as well to confirm if you're seeing the same bug. If so, they'll share some options such as reverting to an earlier release while our team continues to investigate permanent solutions. Click here to reach out to the Support Engineers directly. 

We are working with the team to determine next steps for this bug, and rest assured we will update this thread as soon as a fix is released. 

Ashley Terwilliger-Pollard

Hi all, 

Thanks for sticking with us here - we just pushed out an update for Articulate 360. It includes a few important fixes and new features that you'll see in the release notes here.  

The item you may be interested in is how it fixes an issue where Flash output wouldn't play in Internet Explorer with Compatibility View enabled. You'll need to republish your courses using the latest update to have the fix.

Launch the Articulate 360 desktop app on your computer and click the Update button for each application. Details here.

Please let us know if you have any questions, either here or by reaching out to our Support Engineers directly.

J.C. Chang

How do I roll back to the previous version?  I think the latest Storyline update is causing a bug on iPads -- when  triggers in the bottom half (of an embedded storyline html5) are clicked, the screen scrolls to the trigger automatically.  This problem only occurs in the storyline files published after the recent update.  

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.