Record Screen Issues - Storyline 360

May 26, 2022

Hi Articulate Team,

I have encountered customization issues with the software simulations, such as (1)the unavailability to change the size of the screen recordings, as well as that it is (2) not possible to place an object over the sim, such as a background (if you want to have your sim on a tablet, for example, you have to leave blank space in the middle of the screen where the recording may fit), but I have also found out that (3) the screen recording stops when you run apps as administrator. Also, (4) there is no recording of, for example, on the Command Prompt - Storyline just makes one screenshot of the initial screen and nothing more. Any idea on these? Thank you so much!

1 Reply
Jose Tansengco

Hello Anton!

Sorry to hear about the snags that you encountered while using Storyline 360. I went ahead and created support case 03227841 on your behalf so we can address your concern there. A member of our support team will reach out to you shortly. 

For your reference, you can always reach out to our support team by opening a case yourself, and one of our support engineers will be more than happy to assist!