Removed 360 and now cannot open my course in SL2

Jan 17, 2017

I created a course in Storyline 2.0, then started testing the 360 demo. I added many slides, but 360 kept crashing on me, so I decided to uninstall it.

Now I cannot open the files I created in SL2, but edited in 360. Is there any way to get my slides out of the file so I don't lose a week's worth of work?

7 Replies
Wendy Farmer

Hi Victoria

while the versions aren't backwards compatible if you created the file originally in SL2 - you may have a backup file that was created when you upgraded it to SL360.

If you had opened a Storyline 2 file in Storyline 360, the back up copy would have the word "-Backup" appended to the file title. 

Wendy Farmer

Hi Victoria

there is no 'save as an earlier' version in SL360.  

Storyline 360 uses a different file format than Storyline 2. When you open an SL2 course in SL360, it makes an "SL2 Backup" file and then creates a new file that can be read in SL360, just like it does in the transition from Storyline 1 to 2. So while SL360 can import SL2 files, SL2 cannot read SL360 files.

Sorry to hear about your troubles with SL360 - is it the specs of your computer or environment you are working in that is causing the crashing?

Victoria Sublette

Oh no!! Well, I could at least open it and try to save the text. Damn!

It was continuing to crash and I reported the crashes to Articulate Support and they wanted me to basically uninstall and reinstall everything and jump through a bunch of hoops and I just don't have the time to fix their program.

I didn't find 360 worth that kind of trouble. I am eagerly waiting SL3 instead.

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.