Reordering Scenes on new Storyline 360

Mar 19, 2021

Hello,

I am hoping to find some help with reordering my scenes in the newest version of Storyline 360. I am using the free trial temporarily, but until I get access to my company's purchased version, is there a way to reorder my scenes? Right now my main scene that has triggers to others is 5.1, linking to 1.1, 2.1, 3.1, and 4.1. But the order in my story view is backwards (showing 4.1 first and 1.1 last). Is there a way for me to switch that around? 

Thank you in advance for any help! 

2 Replies
Judy Nollet

Hi, Fina,

I think it's safe to say that how Storyline presents a project in Story View involves complicated programming. It has to look at the scenes and triggers in a project, and then translate those into a diagram of the programming. For your project, it may be showing the scenes in reverse order because the triggers are coming from the last scene. (I really don't know; that's just my best guess.)

Fortunately, that doesn't impact the actual project. If the triggers are properly set, the user won't know that Story View seemed to mix up the order. 

I do realize that it can be frustrating to see scenes seem like they're out of order in Story View. If it really bothers you that much, this might work:

• Create a new set of scenes (6-10).
  • Move the slides from scene 5 (the "main scene") to scene 6. 
  • Move the other scenes to new scenes as per their order (e.g., scene 1 slides move to scene 7, scene 2 to scene 8, etc.) 
  • Verify that the triggers linking from the main scene to the topic scenes still work properly.
  • After all the slides have been moved out of the original scenes 1-5, delete those scenes.
  • That will make scenes 6-10 become scenes 1-5. And, because the main scene is scene 1, the other scenes might line up the way you want them to.