Replay Audio in Ariculate 360

May 02, 2017

I have audio clips on each of my slides, as well as notes for users to follow along. My employer was wondering if I could set it to where the user can replay the audio if they missed hearing something. Is this possible to do?

11 Replies
Ashley Terwilliger-Pollard

Hi Anna,

It would stop the audio from playing automatically as a default, but you could add another trigger to play the media when the timeline starts.  

Waters start getting a bit murky if you want to ensure that the user doesn't press the reply button until the audio is done, or if you're going to have them revisiting the slides. It's all doable with additional states, triggers and variables though. 😀

Brian Leist

Is there a way for the end user to be able to replay the audio while it is playing?

I added a trigger for the audio to start when the timeline begins and I also added a trigger for the audio to play when the end user clicks the "marker". 

When I try to click the replay "marker" it won't let me replay while the audio is playing 

Leslie McKerchie

Hi Brian - Would you be able to share a sample of what you have set up?

The default slide property of 'Automatically Decide' and using the Rewind button on the Seekbar allow me to replay the audio.

I do not have a trigger for the audio to start when the timeline begins as that happens automatically as well.

Sample file attached. Preview, let the audio begin, then click that Rewind button.

Leslie McKerchie

Hello Anna! Thanks for sharing your file. Looks like you have the slide properties set differently and that would be the cause. The Rewind button is a direct correlation to this setting.

In some cases, the Rewind button at the far right end of the seekbar doesn't actually start the slide over from the beginning. The behavior of the Rewind button is determined by the “When revisiting” property for each slide. See this article for details.

Leslie McKerchie

Hi Anna! I apologize. I assume if you'd like it to work as it does on Slide 1, then you would change your other Slide Properties to match. If you need information about editing your Slide Properties, you can find that here. It was within the first document I attached above as well. If you're not seeing the hyperlinks, be sure to pop into the forums to see the response here :)

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.