Reporting on Survey Questions

May 14, 2014

I created a pre & post assessment in Articulate Storyline that has both survey and graded questions.  When I uploaded to our LMS it does not track the survey questions.  When I contacted our LMS provider they said that they could only report on the percentage the user got, but not the individual questions.  I just uploaded version 5  in hopes that it would resolve this issue.  Do you know of a way to report on survey and graded questions on an individual basis?  Thanks!

2 Replies
Pat Samples

Hi Angela,  there may be methods for manipulating the results slide to get your desired results.  http://community.articulate.com/tutorials/products/adding-result-slides.aspx

I had situation where I wanted to capture the individual survey questions and compile them by individual user... but couldn't get the LMS to play nicely.  I ended up building a survey in zoomerang (survey monkey) and embedded in my project as a web object.  It actually worked exactly how I needed it too.  I'm sure one of the gurus on the forum has a more efficient method of doing this

Ashley Terwilliger-Pollard

Hi Angela and welcome to Heroes! 

It sounds like your LMS doesn't have the option to provide reports with individual answers - and each LMS is different in terms of what they can report out on and how it'll be displayed for you. As a point of reference, here is the quiz data sent to your LMS and if they'll be unable to display it you may want to use a method such as Pat mentioned with either a site like Survey Monkey or even a Google Form that you could embed as a web object. 

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.