Resetting a Drag and Drop

Sep 01, 2015

Hello all,

I'm trying to do something that I feel should be very simple, but I've had no luck so far. I'd like to add an onscreen button that will replay (or reset) the current slide. Since the slide in question is a drag-and-drop slide and is part of a question bank, I can't use the Jump to Slide trigger, and the only similar trigger I can find restarts the entire course. Any ideas?

5 Replies
Ashley Terwilliger-Pollard

Hi Ben,

If it's inside a question bank, as you mentioned there isn't a way to "jump to a particular slide" to allow it to reset, and attempt it again - I know others in the forums have discussed similar set ups, but I can't remember a particular solution or thread so hopefully folks in the community will jump in to assist. 

Daniel Sposato (Philly)

You need to do 2 things to reset a slide without leaving it:

1) Set "When Revisiting" to "Reset to initial state" under the "Slide Properties" pop-up (click the little cog to the right of the base layer).

2) Make a reset button on the slide with a trigger that tells the slide to.... Action-> "Jump to Slide", Slide-> the side that the drag and drop is on (and yes I mean that the button will tell the slide to go to itself), When the user clicks the reset button.

As weird as this is, it works.  =)

Lauren Connelly

Hello Carl!

I understand that you're looking for a feature rather than a design to automatically reset the objects on a drag and drop slide after each attempt. I've created a feature request on your behalf so that our team can look into what this would look like in Storyline 360. We'll keep you updated in this discussion if this feature makes it on our roadmap! I appreciate you taking the time to share this with us!