Resetting a Quiz

Nov 29, 2016

Articulate Storyline. I have a 10 question quiz. I want to have the users answer a question and move on to the next. If they navigate back, they can't change their answer. They can only change their answers once they have finished the quiz and then click some kind of "reset" button that resets all of the questions and takes them back to Q1. Possible?

2 Replies
Leslie McKerchie

Hi Ken!

I agree with Susi and if you are submitting the questions one at a time, it may be confusing to the user to be able to navigate back, but not change the answer. You could certainly add a Previous button if you wish though.

By default, question slides in Articulate Storyline have a Submit button, meaning each question will be submitted one at a time for evaluation and feedback will be displayed immediately. If you want all the questions to be submitted at the same time at the end of the quiz, change the navigation controls from Submit buttons to Prev/Next buttons. Here's how.

I would be sure to enable the retry button on your result slide to allow the user to have subsequent attempts.

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.