Resource documents getting 404 error after publishing to LMS

Jul 17, 2019

I am packaging a document under the Resources tab and when uploaded to the LMS, I get a 404 error (or it opens a file/folder window that is not even part of the packaged course).

I have attached the ZIPPED course. I believe I am doing everything correctly. The resource doc shows up correctly as part of the External Content folder when I attempt to open it and get the 404 error.

We recently moved to One Drive here, I am wondering if this could be a possible cause as this has never happened to me before.

I shortened file name as I thought that might be the problem.

Thanks,

Tom

1 Reply
Russell Killips

Hi Tom,

When looking at your course, I noticed that the PowerPoint isn't there. Normally, resources can be found inside of story_content/external_files/

I don't know why it isn't there. Maybe try removing the PowerPoint from resources and add it in again. Make sure the PowerPoint is local on your machine.

If it still doesn't work, maybe you can create that external_files folder manually inside of the story_content folder and copy your PowerPoint into it. Then zip up your package.

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.