Resources

Oct 29, 2013

Have have put several links to websites in the Resources section inside the player.  I have tested them all and they work fine until....  I publish the training to the web.

Story.html - When the training is opened in a web broswer (firefox, ie, and chrome) the links do not work.  Uploaded files (pdfs) work fine.

Story.html5 - When the training is opened in a web broswer, the links and all the resources work just fine, but the training is "hitchy," it loses functionality and freezes periodically not to mention poor quality visually.

I'm confused by this situation.  I would like people to be able to open the links in the resources section but I can't seem to figure out why they don't work when clicked after being published to the web.

Any help with this would be greatly appreciated.

1 Reply
Ashley Terwilliger-Pollard

Hi Mary and welcome to Heroes! 

When you publish to web, please make sure you're then testing the course by loading it to a web server or site instead of testing it locally, as you may encounter security restrictions from the computer, web browser, Flash Player, and network that'll cause various features of your content to fail.

If you're still having difficulty, are you able to share your .story file here with us? If you'd prefer you're welcome to send it privately as well. 

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.