Restarting course

Aug 16, 2019

Hello

I have created a 7 slide Fact or Myth slider interaction, which has been embedded into a 360 course (no variables just slider triggers). 

The 1st slide has a Start button to commence course.

The last slide has a Home button linked to the 1st slide Start button i.e., intention for learners to restart course (without exiting the Rise course) if they wish.

On the 1st slide Start button, I created trigger restart course when user clicks Start Button. However, the 5 slider interactions do not reset. 

What am I doing wrong?

6 Replies
Leslie McKerchie

Hi Robert,

I would have thought adjusting your slide properties would work as well based on your description.

With your permission, I'd like to take a look at your project file (the .story file is fine) to investigate what's happening. You can share it publicly here, or send it to me privately by uploading it here. I'll delete it when I'm done troubleshooting.

Ren Gomez

Hi Robert,

I jumped in and took a look at your file. I understand now why changing your slide properties to Reset to initial state wasn't solving your issue. That was only one piece of the puzzle!

It looks like there are variables attached to the sliders, and because variables control elements across slides, you'll have to "reset" the slider variables as well.

Along with setting your slides to Reset to initial state upon revisit, I added a trigger to set the slider to "neutral" when the timeline starts.  

I've attached the updated file for you. Hope this helps!

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.