Restore on mouse leave not working

Apr 26, 2019

Has anyone run into this?  I have set up a state change on a rectangle to hide 2 other items on the screen on hover.  I have the restore on mouse leave checked, but nothing is restored when leaving the hover.  I've attached the slide here. I tried it in preview and I published the slide, but neither works.   Hellllppp? THANKS

7 Replies
Walt Hamilton

I don't think hover works that way on other objects. In the attached story, use hover to turn them hidden, then the hovering over another object to turn them normal.

Turn rectangles 1, 2, 3,  and 4 transparent once you see how it works.

Sylvia Wright

Walt, thanks so much. However, the only rectangles with numbers are on the base layer and they have no affect on the Introduction layer. I did try what you suggested, but no change. The problem is when I am on the Introduction layer I have a hover on the highlight box over the words "thinking about....". That hover is designed to hide the arrow in the top left corner and the text directly under the highlighted paragraph in order to show four graphics. It does just that. It hides the arrow and the paragraph. BUT the trigger is supposed to restore the arrow and paragraph when the mouse is removed from the highlight box. It does not do that. Both the arrow and text remain hidden when the mouse is removed from the highlight box. Thanks again!

Walt Hamilton

The  restore on leave function really doesn't work on other objects, so you have to create it on your own. The attached .story shows one way to do that. On the Introduction layer, I created four rectangles. They don't have numbers, but they are named Rectangle 1, Rectangle 2, etc. When the learner hovers over the words "thinking of many different things", the arrow and the text are hidden. When the learner moves off those words, and onto one of the four rectangles, triggers on the rectangles make the arrow and text visible. See the attached video for a sample of how this works.

I colored the rectangles a bright gold, so you can easily find them, but before you turn it over to the public, you will undoubtedly want to make them transparent. The second half of the video shows how they look and function when transparent.

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.