Restricted navigation not working

May 27, 2015

Hi everyone,

I'm having a bit of an issue with restricted navigation. On the homepage of the course I'm building, I have buttons that jump to three sections. I only want the learner to be able to access the section 3 button once they've clicked on the buttons for the first two sections. I've set up the triggers, however, when I have visited the first two buttons, the third button no longer shows as disabled, but when I click on it nothing happens, even though I have a trigger to jump to a specific scene. I've attached a screenshot of the triggers I've set up; is there something I'm missing?

5 Replies
Ashley Terwilliger-Pollard

Hi Adrienne,

Instead of having the trigger at the beginning to change it's state to disabled, I set it as the initial state of the object within the states section at the bottom and then was able to preview the course normally and see the state change on slide 1.8 after clicking on buttons for 1 and 2 - also, please double check as slide 1.4 looks very similar, but there are no triggers associated with those buttons. 

I've attached my updated copy. 

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.