Results

I am working on a spinner game were you could pull for a possible 4 different categories to answer questions.  It completely dependent on the learner to pick which category the question will come from.  They get a total of 10 spins, and they can earn up to a total of 100 points.

The issue I keep running into is that on my results tab, my points are base on the average of correct answers between the 4 categories, and not based on the number of correct answers.

What I want to know, is there a way that I can take the total number of points scored and compare that against a total of possible points without it trying to average and have that number be what is counted as passing or not.

EXAMPLE AS IT WORKS NOW:

5 correct answers from Red + 5 correct questions from Blue = 100 pts

Articulate scores - 50% because Purple and Green were not used, and it see another possible 100 pts each that are missed.

HOW I WOULD LIKE IT:

5 correct answers from Red + 5 correct questions from Blue = 100 pts

Articulate scores - 100% Passing

Please let me know if anyone knows anything that can help me.  I have attached the .story file for help.

1 Reply
Walt Hamilton

I don't have time to look at your story, but in general the best answer the forum seems to have come up with it to ignore the built-in scoring, if you are happy with a pass/fail grade. In that case, you keep track of the points, and you write the logic to determine the score and whether it is a passing score. (You can put a submit button on a slide that isn't a question slide.)

The create a quiz slide. (Many of us use a pick one slide.) Create the logic triggers that select the correct answer if the user passed, and the incorrect one if not, and pass that along to the quiz slide as if it came from the user.

Something like "Set state of correct answer to selected when timeline starts if user passed" - "Set state of incorrect answer to selected when timeline starts if user did not pass" and "Submit interaction when timeline starts".

If this doesn't get you going, maybe this will bump your post and someone will have the time to look at it and help you.