Results display

Jul 14, 2014

Not getting the user's results to display? I went to Edit Result Slide then Options and the Show user'sscore & show passing score box were unchecked. I checked them to see these variables on the results slide, but when I click ok with them checked and open Edit Results Slide again they are unchecked? I have trired several things to get the checks to stay so the results are displayed but Storyline does not keep them check? Is there anywhere else that could overriding this?

6 Replies
Julia Koller

Hi Thomas,

This might sound silly, but... is your version up-to-date? I tried to re-create several scenarios that I thought could trigger what you are experiencing, but didn't have any luck. Scenarios I looked at included: survey questions vs. graded questions, graded questions not linked to results slide, graded results slide used with survey questions and vice versa, and finally, deleted triggers on the results slide. Would you be able to share the quiz file? It might help to go hands-on with it.

Ashley Terwilliger-Pollard

Hi Thomas and welcome to Heroes!

Julia's suggestion is a good one - we're currently on update 5 of Storyline, and you can check which update you're using by going to the Help tab and clicking on About Articulate Storyline, and you'll see the update number listed there. After checking into the update, you'll also want to look at ensuring you're following along with these guidelines:

• Work on your local drive (your C: drive).Working on a network drive or a USB drive can cause erratic behavior, includingfile corruption, loss of audio, and other unexpected behavior.
  • You should also make sure the directory pathto your project files and your published output is less than 260 characters(for example C:\Articulate).
  • Avoid using special characters, accents orsymbols in your file names.

Lastly, if the behavior persists on all files, please conduct the repair of Storyline here.

Thomas Wake

Ok made sure I had the latest version update 5 of Storyline but same results and this is internal use only so can not share file.

Here is what it does

I check the boxes

Select "OK" but when I open it again it is just as it started?

Using normal file name we use all the time with unusal characters and this is just on my C:\ drive?

Julia Koller

Hi Thomas, I often have the same problem with sharing proprietary files when I need help. What I do in that situation, is create a mock-up (maybe using lorem ipsum filler text) that replicates the problem. Sometimes, while taking a few minutes to rebuild an open source version of my quiz (or interactive slides) I'll accidentally discover the solution to the problem.

Here's another suggestion, if it is a file/path issue. At times I've had weird bugs show up when my file system is too deep. Try saving a copy to your desktop, restart the application, and then see what happens.

I Wish I had some better suggestions, but it's difficult to debug without being able to replicate the problem.

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.