Results slide is reporting incorrectly

Hi,

I have two questions graded quiz questions in a question bank, followed by a results slide. Both question slides only have one trigger on them (to submit the interaction when the user clicks the submit button.), and the results slide is properly selecting those questions to grade. However when you preview the project, the results slide is stating that the score is 0% even when selecting the correct answers. Can someone advise? Thank you.

8 Replies
Christie Pollick

Hi, Nicole -- Thanks for reaching out! May I ask if you have had a chance to review this information on Publishing and Sharing SL2 Content? And could you also please confirm that you are finding the same behavior when your published output is tested in the environment where the course will ultimately be accessed by learners? 

Christie Pollick

That's a great observation, Wendy! :)  And with respects to recovering corrupted files, Nicole, there is a chance it could be corrupt beyond recovery. However, there may still be a working version of your project in your temp files. Here's how to check:

Here's how to check:

1) Open this folder in Windows Explorer: %appdata%\Articulate\Storyline

2) Scan the contents of this folder for a file that starts with the name of your project. If you find one, copy it to your desktop. If you find more than one, copy the latest version to your desktop.

3) Change the file extension of the copy on your desktop from *.tmp to *.story.

4) Double-click the file to open it in Storyline.

And in order to avoid corruption in the future, please see this article: Follow These Tips to Reduce Your Risk of Corrupting or Losing Project Files. 

Please let us know if you are all set or still need more help! :)

Nicole Wachnin

Thanks Wendy. I'm wondering what the deal is with all of these "Bugs" and "Corrupt files" what is causing them to become corrupt? I looked at the linked article, and we already practice all of those things. However, every single time (not an exaggeration) I create a new story file, something is corrupt or there is a bug that cannot be fixed without starting from scratch. For example, the problem I posted about regarding the results was not my original issue. I had other issues and started over from scratch, then this issue. Now I've started over again, and the results issue is fixed - but now there are triggers that are "stuck" and can't be deleted.

It's very time consuming to have to keep starting over and "hope" this next time will go smoothly. Does Articulate have any fixes for this?

Ashley Terwilliger

Hi Nicole,

Did you review the steps that Christie shared above in terms of this article: Follow These Tips to Reduce Your Risk of Corrupting or Losing Project Files.  Determining the cause of corruption is not always possible, but ensuring you follow those steps to work on your project files is something we'd recommend to prevent odd behavior. You'll also want to confirm that Storyline is installed locally and if it continues to behave erratically I'd look at going through the repair steps detailed here as well. 

Christie Pollick

Hi, Nicole -- Thanks for your reply, and sorry to hear that issues persist! I would recommend that you run through the troubleshooting steps listed here, and if you continue to have difficulties, I think it might be best if you were able to work directly with our Support Engineers for additional technical insights. Here is the form you would need to submit a case, and I will be sure to follow along with their progress to share updates here with others who may benefit. 

Nicole Wachnin

Hi Ashley, Yes. I already follow all practices listed on the tips to reduces risk of corrupting files as a standard. I will give the repair steps a try!

Thanks Christie, I'll contact support engineers of problems persist. For the time being, re-creating the results slide from scratch has it working. Thanks!