Results slide not working

Jul 26, 2018

Hello,

I'm having issues with my Results slide not showing the correct score/percentage.

I have a quiz that's broken up into 4 Scenes, all connected to the one results slide (that appears in the 4th Scene) . Each quiz slide has unlimited attempts, so the option to retry has been taken away as there is no need for it.

When I test the quiz, I made sure the unlimited attempts work, and they do, but ultimately I end up choosing the correct answer, when I get to the results part it says that I didn't pass because I got 95% out of 100%, despite choosing the correct answer for each question.

Each correct point scores 5 points, there's 20 questions. All questions have been ticked, passing score is 100%.

I don't know why this is happening?

I have one variable in 3 of the quiz slides, not sure if this is the issue.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

I can't attached the story as it seems to be too big to load.

16 Replies
Wendy Farmer

Hi LaShon

there seems to be a few things going on with your quiz slides. I highlighted the correct answers and I added the result points variable onto the screen so that I could see that it was adding correctly. Updated file attached

Scenes 1,2 and 3 in the slide properties don't have the Result slide selected

Scene 4 has the correct result slide displaying

The last quiz slide in each of scenes 1,2,3 and has this as the submit interaction trigger

all the other quiz slides have the normal submit interaction when user clicks submit button

The edit result slide properties marry up with aboveslide properties and only  have scene 4 ticked to include

Once I added in all the slides to the Results list - I could get 100% BUT I would change the trigger on the final slide of each of the first three scenes and the user has to click continue twice

LaShon Campbell

Hi Wendy,

It's odd that the results slides were ticked in the slides I sent you, because they certainly are ticked on my end, as well as the result slide properties, again they are all the quiz questions are ticked.

I find that really strange.

Thanks for taking a look at that.

Kind regards, 

LaShon 

DZ  academie

Hi everyone,

I'm having troubles with my results slide. I've tried everything, but it's still not working. De resultsslide keeps on loading. I've no idea. Please can someone take a look at my file. I've added it. 

If you look at scene 1, there are 5 questions. (it's in dutch by the way). In this test there is no right or wrong, but points, like a selfscan. You can earn 0 to 3 points per question. In total 15 points. If you earn 0, 1, 2 or 3 points, it will show layer 'Helemaal niet' and so on.. 

In an other test, it works. But now it does'nt anymore. I've no clue! 

Thanks in advance. 

Leslie McKerchie

Hello Opleiding DZ and welcome to E-Learning Heroes :)

Thank you for sharing what you are experiencing in your project file.

Your result slide is opening and displaying for me as expected. I recorded a brief Peek 360 video to share what I'm seeing (there is no audio).

It sounds like you are seeing something different, but the file seems to work. I'd advise a repair of your Storyline 360 install.

Ellen Slavitz

Hello!

I know I'm late to this thread, but I'm also having a problem with results slides. I copied two quizzes from my course into the attached file (the formatting of the response layers didn't copy correctly -- ignore that).  The results slides are from our template. I've disabled the triggers referencing other parts of the course.

At one point they both worked but now the first one (1.7) doesn't work but the second one  (1.14) does. I've compared everything but I don't know enough to know what to look for. Thank you! for your help.

Leslie McKerchie

Hi Ellen,

No worries about timing. We're still watching :)

I appreciate the explanation of what you are seeing and I'm able to see the same issue in the file that you've shared.

I've opened up a support case on your behalf so that one of our support engineers can dig in and identify the culprit. You should be hearing from someone soon.

Kyra Whitworth

I am also having issues with my results slide--It just shows the text boxes for passing score and your score and isn't showing the calculated fields. All of my questions are selected to populate the results slide. I am using built in variables that don't seem to be working to show the score.

Lauren Connelly

Hello Kyra!

Sorry, you're running into this issue with the Result Slide! I can see the Results Slide isn't tracking the results.

Can you look at the Results Slide and make sure the variable starts with Results rather than Results1? For example, it should look like Results.ScorePoints rather than Results1.ScorePoints

If the variable starts with Results, it would be helpful to see your file to understand what else might affect the tracking. You can attach the .story file in this public forum or upload it to us privately using this secure upload link. Either way, we'll take a look and find the fix!