Resume function

Sep 26, 2012

Hi There,

I have completed a module for a client and it includes 20 questions at the end where if completed the user gets a certificate.  The module is quite long so we want to have the resume function working for if people stop halfway and then come back.  Unfortunately this will also be used at locations where several people will be using it at different times from the same computer.  Each user has to login before getting to the module so we can generate a unique url link, but it always asks to resume if it is the same computer.  Is there a way around this?  Even if I had to pop up a message box in the beginning and ask the user if they were a new user or not and if they said yes could I wipe out the cookie or something?

Thanks for any help, much appreciated!

4 Replies
Peter Anderson

Hey Jordan, 

You may have seen it already, but check out this tutorial. Regarding which resume option you choose, if you choose Always or Prompt, you can choose to have your LMS manage the resume data if it's able. When the box labeled When running in LMS, ignore Flash cookie is marked, if you upload your published course to an LMS that supports resume data, the course will use the LMS bookmark rather than the Flash cookie that would normally be used. If you upload your course to an LMS that does not provide a resume bookmark, the course will use the Flash cookie as usual. 

Might be worth giving it a shot...

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.