Resume Saved State NOT working

Apr 17, 2017

For some reason, the 'Resume Saved State' option is NOT working on any slides in the course. Therefore, I had to add conditions on all slide so the Next button remains enabled after it's visited and the user returns to a previous slide. Is there an easier workaround?

6 Replies
jsppeace p

A trigger is set to disable the Next button when the timeline starts. The Next button enables after the audio finishes and all the click to reveals are visited. Here is a link to my other question which is related to this one: https://community.articulate.com/discussions/articulate-storyline/enable-next-button-audio-and-interaction-conditions-must-be-met

Ashley Terwilliger-Pollard

Hi jsppeace, 

When you set previous/next buttons to be disabled at the start of the slide via triggers, the command given to disable those buttons will happen as soon as the slide starts. If you revisit the slide, it resumes the saved state of the previous/next buttons to normal, and then the triggers again tell Storyline to hide them once the slide loads.

This is where applying the conditions to those initial triggers will come into play - as you’ll want to adjust the next/previous buttons to "disabled” only if the user has not visited this slide before.

You’ll see this set up in the file I shared here that has that trigger/condition connected with the state change of the next player button.

Hope that helps clarify! 

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.