Retaining text inputs on Storyline interactions in Rise 360

Aug 05, 2021

Hello, I have integrated several Storyline interactions that use text inputs into a course on Rise 360. I am using these for reflection questions throughout the course. When I have used text inputs in Storyline courses, the text will save when a user navigates away from or returns to the slide. However, when a user navigates away from or returns to the section of the course in Rise containing the Storyline interactions, the text does not save. Is there a way to save the text so users can access it if they want to navigate back through the Rise course? I have attached a screenshot for reference. The "Submit" button contains a "complete course" trigger so that the user can navigate to the next portion of the module. Thank you!

1 Reply
Ren Gomez

Hi Training Department,

Storyline courses (blocks) in Rise 360 always start over from the beginning when learners revisit them, so you won't be able to save any data that a user has inputted into a text entry.

You can review a similar discussion below that shares some additional insight, but I'll share your need with our team for saving text inputs from the learner.