Review 360 Comment response functionality

Jun 24, 2020

This is not so much a question as a complaint. The response feature on comments in Review 360 strikes me as seriously flawed and nearly worthless. 

When I respond to my reviewers' comments, they receive an email with only my response and no other context. They don't see their original comment, nor do they see an image of the slide in question. This is only made worse if a number of days has passed since they left the comment, or if the reviewer left a lot of comments. This means they're left wondering, in many cases, what I'm talking about unless I copy/paste their entire comment into my response.

I like the comment feature. I like the response feature for the purpose of me tracking actions taken to address comments. But the email thing ruins it. And I can't turn off the email reply if I'm requiring reviewers to enter an email to offer comments.

It seems like you could figure out a way to automatically paste the reviewer's original comment AND a thumbnail image of the slide into the automated email they receive when a response is entered. Thanks!

7 Replies
Lauren Connelly

Hello Kevin!

I love these suggestions! Especially your idea to add an image in the email sent with the comment. We're always interested in hearing which improvements can be made for better user experience. It means a lot that you took the time to share these with us. 

I'm going to share these details with our product team, and then we'll keep you updated in this discussion!

In the meantime, I wanted to see if you know the Feedback section tracks the exact spot where comments are made. 

Here's a quick look at how to find the Feedback section! 

Travis Powell

How is the basic functionality of addressing feedback a shortcoming of the platform at this point?I would also be interested in when or if addressing feedback through notifications would let the person that left the feedback any sort of context as to what was addressed. I would think with a review platform what was being addressed or what required additional information would be kind of important. We are struggling with this as well and would be happy to see this on the roadmap of basic functionality. 

Katherine Willis

To add to this, I find it problematic with clients who consolidate the feedback at the end. They don't really want their reviewers to see the communications we have about their feedback but I can't avoid the email going back to the original commenter. This makes the tools a little less useful to this type of client.