Review Button

Jun 20, 2016

Hi gang,

I have the button active and it shows correct/incorrect answers as it should but I only want it to do this on a pass not a fail. When failed we want them to have to retake the complete quiz without help (which I have working with the retry button).

Is it possible to set up the review quiz button to be invisible on a fail?

Cheers

15 Replies
Kevin Thorn

Hi Brian,

When you first insert a Results slide with options to Review, Retry, and/or Print, those buttons are placed on the base layer of the slide. 

Regardless if a user passes or fails, those buttons are visible. Simple fix: Cut them from the base layer and place them on a respective feedback layer. 

Example: Review button on Success layer. Rationale is if user passes they can 'review' the quiz or proceed. Place the Retry button on the Failure layer. Rationale is if user fails, there is no ability to  proceed until they pass by restarting quiz.

Kevin Thorn

Hi Brian, 

Look at this very simple example.

Scene 1 is a five question quiz with standard Results slide inserted. Retry Quiz and Review Quiz buttons activated. Notice both buttons appear on base layer of Results slide.

Scene 2 is the same 5 question quiz but Review Quiz button moved to Success feedback layer of Results slide, and Retry Quiz button moved to Failure layer.

Hope this helps understand the concept.

Kevin Thorn

Ah, this forum must automatically zip .story files once uploaded. No worries.

You can either click on that file to save it somewhere on your computer and then unzip it. Or just "Run" from there and it will automatically unzip it. Just be aware of where it downloads to.

Once unzipped, it should just be that single .story file inside that folder.

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.