Review Button

Oct 13, 2017

Why Review Button in storyline 360 don't work in html5 

18 Replies
Ali Goulet

Hey Yann!

So sorry you're running into that. 

There was an issue with the Review button not working in HTML5 when courses are set to "Never Resume" which was fixed in a recent update to Articulate 360

Just launch the Articulate 360 desktop app on your computer and click the Update button for each application.

If you're still running into this after updating Storyline 360 to the latest update, can you share your .story file here so I can take a look?

You can add it as an attachment right to a comment. Thanks! 

Alyssa Gomez

Thanks for those details, Victoria. Let's test it in another LMS environment. That will tell us whether the problem is related to the project file itself, or to Litmos.

Have you ever used SCORM Cloud? It's a free LMS testing tool that really comes in handy for these kinds of situations. I'm happy to help you with that testing, if you'd like!

Victoria Sublette

Hi Alyssa,

I don't mean to be harsh, but I want to USE your product  - not fix it. It is not working and I have to deliver a product, so I need to find a workaround fast. 

I have spent unpaid hours and days testing problems in Storyline/Litmos and all that happened is I got behind in my work. Litmos says it's Storyline, Articulate says it's Litmos, and sometimes it's Apple's fault. LOL!

How about your paid support people test it? 

I need to have this module ready tonight, so I just need to do workarounds at this point.

Thank you.

Alyssa Gomez

I completely understand, Victoria. I'm sorry this has been so frustrating, and we want to do all we can to help you sort this out.

I'm very happy to help you with testing if you don't mind attaching your file to this thread. Also, you always have the option to send the file over to our Support Engineers using this form. They're around 24/7 to assist. 

Finally, I put together a quick sample file in Storyline 3 to test the Review button, and it's working correctly in SCORM Cloud. You can try it here, if you'd like. 

Alyssa Gomez

Thanks, Victoria!

Since your file didn't have any quiz questions in it, I added two sample questions to help with testing.

Then, I published the file for LMS and hosted the output on SCORM Cloud. The Review Quiz button on the results slide "Failure" layer is working correctly for me. Here's a screen recording of my testing. 

Could you test this link and let me know if the Review Quiz button works for you as well? 

Victoria Sublette

Thanks, Alyssa

It worked in your test link, and I finally got it to work in my module, as long as I didn't include non-sequential quiz questions from other parts of the module.

If there are a few questions bunched together and I only review those, it works. If I include other quiz questions from other parts of the module and add those into the quiz results, the review button doesn't work.

I can't upload the whole module because this page will crash.

Alyssa Gomez

Thanks for that context, Victoria. I'm going to continue testing this. If it's a bug, we definitely want to identify it and get it straightened out!

• Do you have quiz questions in separate scenes, with just one results slide at the end of the course?
  • When you say the review button doesn't work if you include other quiz questions from other parts of the module, does that mean that the button isn't clickable at all? 
Alyssa Gomez

Hmm, that definitely shouldn't happen. The review button should allow you to go back to the questions in the first scene.

Next, you'll want to follow these steps so you don't get stuck in the first scene:

• On the last question in Scene 1, click the Slide Properties button in the Layers pane. (the little gear icon)
  • Select the option for Next button to appear. 
  • This will automatically create a Trigger to 'Jump to next slide when next button is clicked' in the Triggers pane.
  • Change the link from 'next slide' to the next question in the next scene.
  • Copy the trigger you just created, then go back into slide properties and Uncheck the Next button. (This will remove the trigger you just created)
  • Paste the trigger back in to the Trigger pane. Although the Next button has been removed, the option for the next button still remains in the trigger.

I tested these steps in a Storyline 360 file, and it works! I've attached the file for you to review here. Compare this file to you own file. Do you see any differences in the way it is set up?

Victoria Sublette

Hi Alyssa. I followed your instructions, but it didn't work. Once I unchecked the next button, of course it went away, and even though I repasted it  and asked that it jump to the next question, when doing a quiz review, only MY next button came up which took the slide to the next slide and not the next quiz slide.

Victoria Sublette

Thanks Wendy! I have uploaded the whole course to dropbox. I have emailed you the link.

The problem is that there are questions throughout the module and if I include them with the final quiz, upon quiz review, it jumps to the first question (2.2) and then the next button just takes it to the next slide, not the next quiz slide, which is 3.2.1.

Perhaps I need summary slides for each section? I hope not, as that will get kind of clunky.

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.