Rise versus 360

Mar 15, 2017

Hi,

I am confused as to what I need to get going with articulate.

I want to build pretty simple courses and it looks like rise would be enough for me.

So I my questions are :

1. The only way I can use Rise is on a subscription basis where I pay for Articulate 360  monthly, which entitles me to use a bunch of articulate products even though I only want to use Rise. Is this correct ?  Thats seems mad to me. You are making me pay to use your simple product and you are making a full time serious education elearning consultant pay the same for your flagship products. like Storyline 360 or studio 360.  I dont get this.

2. Regarding Rise. Is there just one templete in this product Or can you load in more templates. Its great that Adam did the demo for this at the beginning but surely there is now a better explanation than this basic video of the template that is preloaded by now. As this was 3 or 4 months ago now.  

Not been negative in any way. I love your oproducts and want to use them but the way this is laid out at the minuet regarding products and options and pricing. I just dont get it. 

Thanks

Cathal

1 Reply
Ashley Terwilliger-Pollard

Hi Cathal,

You’re correct that Rise is part of Articulate 360, which is designed to give e-learning developers everything they need for every aspect of course development, including the ability to choose the right authoring app for any given project. Like you, some developers might lean heavily on Rise while others might lean heavily on Storyline or Studio. Even if you just use Rise, you’d probably find use for Peek and Preso, which are also included in Articulate 360. They make it super simple for you to create video lessons for Rise (and other) courses. Competitive apps to Rise (standalone responsive authoring tools) start at around the same cost as all of Articulate and go up steeply from there.

On your second question, we don’t have different themes for Rise courses, but you can customize the theme by changing the course accent color, choosing different fonts for heading and body text, using a cover photo of your choice (here’s a great video on that feature), and changing the background color for blocks lessons. (Using blocks to create lessons, in general, is a great way to add a super custom feel to your course. Here’s a short video overview of blocks)

I hope that helps!

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.