Running AS2 and 360

May 17, 2017

Hi I hope someone can help, please?

I am running the 360 trial and we are considering upgrading but it has converted all of my AS2 courses and now I can't open any of them in AS2. But one of our clients is only running AS2 and I have to be able to save it as an AS2 file. How do I stop 360 overwriting everything? 

7 Replies
Wendy Tobitt

Hi Phil

Thanks for the prompt response. But I tried to open a file in AS2 and I got an error message. Screengrabbed and attached.

So, I opened an AS2 file and it defaulted to 360. I made my edits and saved a new version of the file. I now try to open in AS2 and I get the attached error message stating that it was created in a new version of Storyline. So then I tried opening the original file but because it has now been converted to 360 it also gave me the error message. 

Should this not be happening then?

Phil Mayor

Any file you have not opened should still be storyline 2, you may need to right click and choose open in SL2 to do this.

When you open a file it creates another file with SL2 Backup appended (SL360 will mention this when you first open the file as a popup, if you do not want to upgrade choose cancel, however it doesn't really matter as it will  to the file name, that file will open in SL2 but the original file has now been upgraded and will not open in SL2 only 360.

Leslie McKerchie

Hey Jo and welcome to E-Learning Heroes :)

I'm glad that Phil was able to assist you here and clear up any confusion.

I want to be sure that you are aware that the SL2 backup file is that snapshot of time/saving and will not include anything you do in SL360 and your SL360 file cannot be reverted. So, they will not be in-sync as you continue working - just wanted to be sure that was clear.

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.