Saba Cloud 6.0: Several problems with SCORM 2004 3rd edition

May 23, 2014

Dear developers and Articulate employees,

For a client I'm developing 3 separate modules in Storyline that have to be packaged as one multi-SCORM-package with sequencing/prerequisites: the second module may only be opened if the student has passed the first module; the third if passed for the second.

Prerequisites (sequencing) don't work in SCORM 1.2 on Saba. That's why I have to develop in SCORM 2004rd edition.

The problems I encounter (also with a single SCORM package) is the following:

The student passed for the test, the status turned to completed/passed. That's ok. But when the student wants to redo the module, the status turns to incomplete. Another point is that the number of attempts of opening the module is not raised. It remains 1. This is the result of testing in Saba Cloud 6 by a content manager. I tested it also in Saba 5. When I close the course there, a pop-up appears with the question if a want to complete the course or not (I don't know if this still appears in Saba 6). It's a confusing, undesirable pop-up

I also read about these problems on (but I don't know what the current status is):

http://community.articulate.com/forums/p/21925/122308.aspx#122308

Has someone a solution for this or knows anyone what the status of the problem solving is?

Meanwhile I try to convince my client to accept single SCO's in SCORM 1.2 and to put up the prerequisites manually.

To make a multi-SCORM-package in SCORM 2004rd edition is pretty complicated for me. Has anybody an example for me?

Thanks for your response!

1 Reply
Ashley Terwilliger-Pollard

Hi Jeroen and welcome to Heroes! 

Within Storyline you have the options to track a course either by the number of slides viewed or by a single quiz (result slide). Tracking both measurements for the same course isn't supported. Similarly, tracking multiple quizzes in the same course isn't supported.

You may be able to track more than one SCO  in a single course using any of the following methods. We haven't, however, tested or verified the accuracy of the information provided in these articles and as such these methods aren't officially supported by Articulate.

In regards to the thread you linked to, it looks like Gerry continued the work with Saba, our team, and some outside help from Rustici, and determined that Saba wasn't going to play nice with the SCORM 2004 content.  I'd also suggest posting in that thread or connecting with Gerry directly, as it seems he has a wealth of knowledge about how Storyline, Saba, and Scorm 2004 play together and he may be able to offer some other advice. 

Hope that helps and if you need anything else please let us know. 

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.