Save Issues

Jan 27, 2015

I've used other authoring software, but just recently picked up a project that required the use of Storyline 2. It was going well for the most part, but I've recently run into issues when I go to save my Storyline file to our Dropbox spot.

Issue #1: Storyline appears to be automatically saving my file as new files, but with slightly different names. For example, if I have a file name of Story1, it would save it as a new file named Story12, Story 13, and so on.

Issue #2: I get error messages saying that it can't save the file and telling me to save it as a copy or as another file name.

Is anyone else running into this issue or is it just my system that appears to be possessed?

1 Reply
Ashley Terwilliger-Pollard

Hi Mark,

I know a lot of users mention utilizing Dropbox as a local drive, but if the odd behavior persists, I'd ensure you're working on an actual local drive as you'll see here, not working locally can cause some odd behavior. 

You'll also want to make sure you're using the newest update of Storyline 2, Update 4 which included the following fixes that you may be running into: 

• Fixed issue where a project file couldn't be saved due to "Store must be open for this operation" error
  • Fixed issue where temp files weren't purging, which could prevent project files from saving

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.