Saving Error

Oct 19, 2020

My course was saving fine, then all of a sudden I received the error message: The project file could not be save. Cannot access a disposed object. Object name: storypackage.

I even tried to save it to my desktop and am getting the same error message. 

Will publishing save my work? I'm at a complete lost and don't want to have to start over.

Thanks! 

1 Reply
Ren Gomez

Hi Tika,

Oh no, I'm sorry to hear this error came up! You took a good first step in saving the file to your desktop, as working from a network drive can cause erratic behavior to occur. This article shares more on that:

Try these tips to keep your course intact:

• Create a copy of the desktop version and rename it.
  • Import the file into a blank project by opening a new file and going to File->Import->Storyline.
  • Try reviewing your temporary files for a recent version. Here's how:
    1. Open this folder in Windows Explorer:  %appdata%\Articulate\Storyline
    2. Scan the contents of this folder for a file that starts with the name of your project. If you find one, copy it to your desktop.
    3. If you find more than one, copy the latest version to your desktop.
    4. Change the file extension of the copy on your desktop from *.tmp to *.story. 
      Double-click the file to open it in Storyline. 

Let us know if you're able to save your file again, and if you need further help, feel free to share it with a support engineer!

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.