Scene and Project Preview Are Not Working in Storyline 360

Sep 19, 2017

Slide Preview works, but when I try to preview a Scene or the Project it loads the player but not the slides (displays gray) and the wheel keeps spinning. 

This started yesterday and I have shut down and restarted my computer, but the problem persists.

Is anyone else having this problem in Storyline 360?

thanks,

Jeanette

15 Replies
Alyssa Gomez

Thanks for reaching out, Jeanette, and I see you also started a case. Smart move--our Support Engineers are rockstars at troubleshooting this kind of thing. It looks like you and Cleo worked together to isolate the corrupted slide, and now you're all sorted out.

If you have any further questions, don't hesitate to reach out here or to Cleo! 

Leslie McKerchie

Hey Abigail - I see where you reached out to our team and Wilbert was able to assist you. 

For anyone following along:

Good news! We've released an update that should fix the issue you reported below. You can find a list of all the new features and bug fixes that we've added to Storyline 360 here

Here's how to update desktop-authoring apps

Amaia Quesada

Hello

I am able to preview my project on Storyline 360 but some of the objects on the slides look weird:

-The content in the text boxes is stretched (in all slides!) Capture1.png

-Some of the shapes are not displayed as they are in reality (text is left outside) Capture2.png

Any ideas why this is happening? I upgraded my Storyline 2 project into Storyline 360 and that's when this started to happen

Thanks!

Ashley Terwilliger-Pollard

Hi Amaia,

It sounds like these things appear normally for you while editing and in preview, but it's only the published output that displays odd? 

If it's only while viewing the published output that it's looking odd could you let me know where you're uploading and testing the content? And, what browsers and devices you're viewing it on? 

Finally, if you can share the .story file I'd love to take a look at that too and do some additional troubleshooting. If so, you can upload at this link using the Add Attachment button or you always have an option to share privately with our Support Engineers. Either way, we'll delete it when done testing. 

Amaia Quesada

Hi Ashley

Thanks for your message. Funny enough it does not happen in the rest of the modules and I already fixed most of the caption bubbles in those. However, there is a similar slide on each module where the bubble still appears stretched. Also when publishing it appears stretched, but instead of horizontally as in the preview, it stretches vertically when playing on the LMS. I use Chrome for my LMS, which is Docebo. I will share the one slide that always appears odd. Thanks!

Amaia Quesada

Also, just to add into that; it's happened to me that when I copy objects from a file to another, the text is not sharp anymore, both in preview and after publishing to the LMS.

See here an example. Then I created a new shape and the text was sharp.

It would take a very long time to have to start all slides from scratch to have a sharp text if I cannot copy from previous slides. It happens with text in all kinds of shapes: text box, rectangles, circles, etc.

Any ideas on how to avoid this?

Ashley Terwilliger-Pollard

Hi Amaia,

As I mentioned in your other discussion here, I'd like to have you work with our Support team in a case to dig a bit deeper it's not an issue I've been able to recreate using a copy/paste functionality inside Storyline 3 or Storyline 360. 

I'll open a case on your behalf and you'll see that email notification shortly. Thanks for sharing those files too as I can easily include them at the start of the case! 

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.