Scenes

Aug 01, 2014

What is the point of creating multiple scenes within a project? I am trying to create an e-course that over multiple sub topics of one main topic. Is that what you use it for?

See screenshot for better idea of what I am trying to do...

2 Replies
Chris Fletcher

From my point of view, it's a tidiness thing more than anything else. I've just started working somewhere where they built their eLearning using single slides with loads of layers. It can take ages to find the information you're looking for. As a rule, I go like this:

• Scenes are for different subjects
  • Slides are for different piece of content within the scenes
  • Layers are for additional content that you want to add into a slide (Such as creating interactive elements)

Ultimately, you dont have to use them, but when you're in Story view, its much easier to see where you're at, especially when you have a large piece of learning with multiple subjects.

So I guess, yeah in your case, I probably would create different scenes for different topics, but you dont have to

C

Ashley Terwilliger-Pollard

Hi Carolina,

The answers on this could vary as Chris mentioned - but I wanted to point you to a few other threads where a similar question was asked:

When should you use scenes?

When should you use a new scene or slide?

Using Story view to organize and arrange your files

Hope that those help you and please let us know if you need anything else!

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.