Scoring over 100% on quiz retry

Oct 30, 2020

Students are scoring over 100% when doing the "retry" option on a tutorial. I have the retry option set to "reset only incorrect questions." Any advice?

4 Replies
Ren Gomez

Hi Lucinda,

I'm sorry to hear you're running into this issue where your students are scoring over 100%. Is it possible that you're also using the new feature Score Only Viewed Questions?

We've recently come across a bug where when both of these options are selected, a score of over 100% will be recorded.

If not, would you mind sharing your file with our support to take a closer look and help you troubleshoot?

Katie Riggio

Hi Melanie!

Thanks for writing in, and I'm sorry that you lost time working through this.

If you hit a wall at any point, our Support team is around 24/7 for fast help! You can connect with them directly through this case link.

Though we don't have a public-facing list of known bugs, the Storyline 360 Version History page is a great place to stay up-to-date on fixes.

We also document experiences internally and share any updates with the community in real-time as possible. We read every post and related support case(s) and use each perspective to prioritize the problem — I'll link this one and notify you of any changes! 

Leslie McKerchie

Hi Lucinda and Melanie,

Great news!  We just released another update for Articulate 360 and included a few important fixes you'll see in the release notes.

The item you'll be interested in is:

Fixed: When setting a result slide to score only viewed questions and retry only incorrect questions, the final score could be over 100%, or the result slide might not load.

Just launch the Articulate 360 desktop app on your computer and click the Update button for Storyline 360. Details here.

Please let us know if you have any questions, either here or by reaching out to our Support Engineers directly.