SCORM 2004 4th Edition: Completion - after failed status, reverts to unknown

Jul 21, 2020

Hello

I have courseware that has an assessment and the learner is allowed 3 attempts. This means I do not track via the results screen otherwise it will send a 'failed' when I don't want it to. I use the completion trigger on the results screen. A failed trigger occurs if they are on their final attempt. The modules track a failed/passed status correctly.

Success = failed
Completion = complete.

The issue occurs if I then go back into the module. If I browse through  5-6 screens and exit, the module will now show as 

Success = failed
Completion = incomplete

Looking at the scorm log, early on it is correct

GetValue('cmi.success_status')returned 'failed'in 0 seconds

Then exiting the module, the log shows this.

SetValue('cmi.success_status', 'unknown')returned 'true'in 0.001 seconds

Where is this unknown coming from? That is not a valid value...

From now on the course will set and get an unknown status.
It's affecting user status on a clients LMS.

I haven't been able to find any solution browsing these forums.

Regards

11 Replies
Geordie Oxley

Hi Bret

I installed the new update. Unfortunately it caused a far greater issue. My failed status is never sent. The course remains in an incomplete status (which is sent when the course is first opened  - as expected).

I then rolled Storyline back to the July 7 update, re-tested and the failed state is sending again. I did not make any changes to the triggers.

Sam Hill

That latest update wasn't great. Stuffed up my font sizes in my template. A couple of patches came out in quick succession the following two days. They fixed up a completion trigger on the 24th and so you might have rolled back before that one came out?

https://articulate.com/support/article/Articulate-Storyline-360-Version-History

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.