SCORM 2004 Compliance & Completion Issues

Sep 21, 2017

Hello Friends =)

I'm working through an issue I'm having with completion credit and the enterprise system we're using to host some of our e-learning. It's not a true LMS by any stretch of the imagination, so keep that in mind. They did tell us initially that they were compliance with SCORM 2004.

They're setup to house & execute SCORM content and receive completion credit - I've tested many files with success; however, the actual details of the completion aren't being sent correctly to them OR, more likely, they aren't setup to receive them correctly.

As an example: say a learner gets 85% on a course with a passing threshold of 80%. The learner receives credit but is shown to have completed the course with a score of 100%. This is an issue, I assume, with their reporting structure - I'm just looking for confirmation on that.

The MAIN issue we are having though is that users aren't receiving credit for completing the course. They get to the results page with a passing score and are not moved to "complete" in their system. They are saying that the files I've created are too complex, using too much aggregation and sequencing. How can this be if the files work correctly 40% of the time?

They have stated that very basic courses, such as just text on slide utilizing the next/prev buttons to navigate will work correctly and always set the learner as complete. Contrary to this, all I can find using the debug window in the config file is that the completion data being sent is formatted the same way, regardless of branching, sequencing, etc.

Do any of you have any insight into this? I'm happy to provide examples, privately, and add more context if necessary. I believe that they're blowing smoke but I'd like to confirm that and also get to a solution where the learners are super annoyed for taking training and getting no credit for it.

Thanks so much!

P.S. I'm using SL3 and have ruled out login timeout as the issue for credit not being given.

Be the first to reply

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.