Scorm 2004, edition 4 and Storyline 360

Oct 20, 2020

I am having a difficult time getting the results screen and Always Resume working correctly in Scorm 2004, ed 4.  The Result Screen is set to Pass/Incomplete and I need the LMS  to show Incomplete Failed.  However,  I am getting a result of Incomplete Unknown.  But, I can get the result in Scorm 4, edition 2 as an Incomplete Failed. 

Also, Scorm 2004, edition 4 the Always Resume brings the user back to the first correct question in the quiz.  It should be bringing the user to the last slide - the results slide.  Scorm 2004, edition 2, brings me back to the Results slide. 

I would use Scorm 2004, ed 2, but my LMS administrator is getting errors when loading the Scorm 2004, edition 2 course into our Oracle LMS.  So I am getting really frustrated.  And I have tried every combination -- Past/Fail, Past/Incomplete,  Complete/Failed and Complete/Incomplete.

At the point, my best option is Scorm 1.2,  The Results Screen works with an Incomplete Fail, but the Resume Again also brings me back the first correctly answered question.  But at least I can ensure the correct reporting results are going into the LMS and the user cannot take the quiz again because the user can only view their correct answers and the results slide.   They cannot retake the quiz or the course.

I am working on test results for compliance training and need to get this right.  Any help would be very much appreciated.  

2 Replies
Nancy Zane

Thanks for your reply. Tested the results in Scorm Cloud. We got the same results.

I am going to try Scorm ed 3.

Confidentiality Note: This e-mail, and any attachment to it, may contain privileged and confidential information and is intended for the use of the individual(s) or entity named on the e-mail. Unauthorized disclosure of this message is prohibited. If you have received this message in error, please notify the sender immediately by return e-mail and destroy this message and all copies thereof, including all attachments.

Nancy Zane

Thanks for your suggestion. Scorm 2004 edition 3 and 2 work as they should. Scorm 2004, edition 4 does not.

Scorm 2004 is new for my company. My administrator is getting error messages when playing the course. Any ideas why this may be happening for her. We are using Oracle LMS and not the newest version.

Confidentiality Note: This e-mail, and any attachment to it, may contain privileged and confidential information and is intended for the use of the individual(s) or entity named on the e-mail. Unauthorized disclosure of this message is prohibited. If you have received this message in error, please notify the sender immediately by return e-mail and destroy this message and all copies thereof, including all attachments.

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.