SCORM 2004 long-fill in type Essay question

Aug 12, 2020

I am using Storyline 360 to create evaluations. Our LMS the system is reporting NULL for essay questions longer than 250 characters. After working with our LMS support they have told me that the course is submitting essay questions as type fill-in which has a 250 character limit. It needs to be submitting them as type long-fill in. When I check my interaction data in the system that is correct. The type is fill-in. Where in the Storyline tool can change this so that essay questions are submitting type long-fill-in rather than fill-in?

I received a solution to this problem a few months ago from a user who gave me an alternate SCORM2004Functions.js file. (https://community.articulate.com/discussions/articulate-storyline/scorm-2004-long-fill-in-type-essay-question)

However it looks like after some Articulate updates course are now publishing with a scormdriver.js file and the file SCORM2004Functions.js fix is no longer working.

I submitted the bug to Articulate who has acknowledged the issue but I was told that this is not affecting enough users for them to make it a priority to fix.

Can anyone provide another workaround for this?

4 Replies
Sam Hill

Hi Jabrea, are you able to send me your published files. It looks like I've targeted the incorrect constant that is being used. I'll be able to correct this once I see your module in action. Also happy for you to provide a stripped down version, with just the long fill-in, but with the publish setting you are using.

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.