SCORM 2004 Reported as Failed to LMS if not Completed

Nov 21, 2019

I have a 2 hour SCORM 2004 course with quizzes throughout.  The problem we have is when a student does not complete the course and leaves without finishing all the quiz questions, the course reports failed to the LMS. (even though the setting is "incomplete/passed".  Most students don' t finish the course in one sitting, so this is causing a great deal of confusion with our customers.  Additionally, the failure causes a few LMS's to create a new registration when the student tries to log back in.

How can I fix this course so that when a student is not complete it reports "incomplete" and not "failed" to the LMS.  I assume it's something in the manifest.

Thanks.

4 Replies
Alyssa Gomez

Hi Jim,

In addition to what Randy shared, have you done any testing in SCORM Cloud yet?  If so, are you getting the same results? We generally compare the behavior in SCORM Cloud to your LMS experience to try to parse out file issues versus LMS issues.  

We are happy to help you with that testing if you'd like to share your file! We'll delete it when we're done troubleshooting.

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.