12 Replies
Gerry Wasiluk

Hi!

What version of SCORM 2004 are you publishing to?  2nd, 3rd, or 4th Edition?

If SCORM 2004 2nd Edition, you may possibly be running into LMS data limits:  https://articulate.com/support/article/exceeding-scorm-suspend-data-limits

If you are using 2nd Edition, can you use SCORM 2004 3rd or 4th Edition instead in your LMS?

Matthew Johnson

I am already using 3rd edition and experience the same thing in 4th edition.

The course is a very small course to obtain information it has 2 scenes and a total of 10 slides. The course resumes absolutely fine until you hit a complete status which is what the article I referenced suggests is the known issue. The problem is that if a user resumes after this point it wipes all that they have done on the report and they have to start again.

The problem I have is that I need to use SCORM 2004 for reporting purposes as SCORM 1.2 does not provide the detail. The status is Complete as there is no Pass/Fail on a course that is only obtaining information from the user.

I can try using the additional quiz option referred to in the article but I was looking for clarification on whether this known issue was going to be fixed.

Thanks

[BLM]<http://www.blmlaw.com/?utm

Matthew Johnson

Hi,

This is happening with all courses.

Correct, the users, after completing, have exited and then relaunched the course from within the LMS.

To also confirm, the course player is set to 'Always Resume', there is no issue resuming when the course status is 'In Progress' it is only once 'Complete' that the course resets on resume. I have also changed the reporting to SCORM 1.2 and the resume function works after the status of complete is achieved.

Thanks

[BLM]<http://www.blmlaw.com/?utm

Gerry Wasiluk

Thanks!

Since this is happening to all courses,  there is a possibility that this is a behavior being controlled by the LMS. 

Have you explored that?  Is there possibly an LMS setting that controls how the LMS relaunches completed training?

I use to manage an internal Saba LMS.  Once the e-course had been completed, the LMS treated the first re-launch from the transcript as a brand new launch.  Any previous resume data before the course was completed was ignored.  We couldn't override that Saba behavior.

Might be a possibility here?

Matthew Johnson
Alyssa Gomez

Hey folks! 

Storyline 360 does have a bug where a completed LMS course will always resume from the first slide when using SCORM 2004 and tracking a result slide. 

We can tell this is a bug because the problem occurs in SCORM Cloud (an LMS testing tool), and it doesn't happen when using SCORM 1.2.

As soon as we get this issue sorted out, we'll let you know. I'm sorry this is giving you headaches!

Laurie Foberg

I am following this thread because I am noticing this same issue. I've published from both Storyline 3 and 360, with always resume. Tested on ScormCloud and once completion status is met and the course is relaunched, the course does not resume properly and any text that was entered into text entry fields are unfortunately cleared. Any update on this fix??

Katie Riggio

Hi, Laurie. So sorry you hit this issue!

We are still investigating why this resume behavior changed. I'll share your experience in our report so we can update you on any changes.

Using either a Passed/Incomplete or Passed/Failed reporting status is the current workaround, and we're also happy to take a look at your .story file to explore for more tailored support! If you're able to share the course, please use this private upload link.

Leslie McKerchie

Hello Vincenzo and welcome to E-Learning Heroes :)

Thanks for contacting us and following up on the conversation here.

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.