SCORM 2004 - Status should only improve

Sep 14, 2017

Hi All,

I currently have a storyline module whereby I want it to only improve its status on subsequent attempts i.e. if I complete the module, i can go back in and review it without the status changing from 'Passed' to 'In-progress'. 

The SCORM standard is 2004 and I'm using a Kallidus LMS. I've checked the system and there are no settings which can be set within the LMS to restrict sending statuses. 

I've reviewed other posts and can see by updating the SCORE_CAN_ONLY_IMPROVE (True) javascript should stop the score from going down on subsequent attempts - I've updated this setting but it hasn't made a different. 

I'm at a bit of a loss with this one. 

If anyone has any ideas, that would be most appreciated. 

Kind regard

Sam

2 Replies
Ashley Terwilliger-Pollard

Hi Sam,

Have you looked at testing that Javascript change outside your LMS too? You could use a testing platform like SCORM Cloud - it's really easy to get started there. Take a look at this article - bonus: it's free up to the 100MB storage limit. 

Also, each LMS may treat the scoring differently - have you asked your LMS admins if they'll respect that setting? Or if there is something else to adjust on their end? 

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.