SCORM Cloud Shows a Parser Warning for SCORM 2004 Content

Jun 18, 2015

Does anyone know the date of this posting?

http://en-uk.articulate.com/support/storyline/scorm-cloud-shows-a-parser-warning-for-scorm-2004-content

I am currently having this issue when I test my training program in Scormcloud.  When it publishes to our Medworxx LMS however, it runs fine, it tracks completion as well as the grade results, BUT it will always come up as "Unsuccessful" - it seems that this error is to blame.  

Is there a workaround or fix available yet?  Execs are hesitant to push the training out to the staff as they are concerned that people will be concerned about this "Unsuccessful" message - despite the fact that it tracks completion and grade (when we run reports, we can determine compliance).

Thanks in advance.  Any quick replies would be appreciated.

Darlene

8 Replies
Christie Pollick

Hi, Darlene -- Sorry to hear of the difficulties you are experiencing, but I was going to ask the same question Phil had: are you getting a message of successful completion in the SCORM Cloud when you test it? Also, you may want to check out these articles on troubleshooting LMS issues:

How to Troubleshoot Your LMS with SCORM Cloud

Troubleshooting LMS Issues

William Johnston

I got a parser warning after uploading a 2004 package to Scorm Cloud (see screenshot).  The support rep said it was OK to ignore it, but mentioned that Storyline puts a SCORM element in the wrong place in the manifest file.  Here is his more detailed explanation:

This bit of sequencing:

<imsss:controlMode choice="true" flow="true" />

...only applies at the organization level. For example, this is what your manifest looks like, I have notated what needs to be removed...

<organizations default="New_Feature_Quiz_114_ORG">
<organization identifier="New_Feature_Quiz_114_ORG" adlseq:objectivesGlobalToSystem="false">
<title>New Feature Quiz 114</title>
<item identifier="New_Feature_Quiz_114_SCO" identifierref="__6ljwVgGZ07Z_course_id_RES" isvisible="true">
<title>New Feature Quiz 114</title>
<imsss:sequencing>
<imsss:controlMode choice="true" flow="true" /> *** This needs to be removed....
<imsss:deliveryControls tracked="true" completionSetByContent="true" objectiveSetByContent="true" />
</imsss:sequencing>
</item>
<metadata>
<adlcp:location>metadata.xml</adlcp:location>
</metadata>
<imsss:sequencing>
<imsss:controlMode choice="true" flow="true" /> *** This is where it should be...note that it is outside the item tags...
</imsss:sequencing>
</organization>
</organizations>

Christie Pollick

Hi, Darlene -- As some time has passed since the last activity here in the discussion, if you would happen not to hear back from William, you can always contact him directly via the 'Contact Me' link on his profile page for additional insights on which LMS he is utilizing. And just to confirm, you are still having issues via SCORM Cloud, as well? 

Christie Pollick

Thanks for the confirmation, Darlene, and I just wanted to confirm, since we will typically recommend that you reach out to your LMS directly if things are operating correctly via the SCORM Cloud. I also wanted to pass along the following discussions where Medworxx is mentioned (in case you might want to reach out to those who use it directly via the 'Contact Me' link on their profile pages) to inquire about their experiences:

Storyline and LMS Support (Medworxx)

Published projects video file formats (Medworxx)

Hope that helps! 

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.