SCORM error 405

Feb 06, 2014

Hi community!

I've created a random question draw of 25 questions, with answer shuffle turned on. I've uploaded the SCORM file to ScormCloud and upon viewing the debug log found that all responses to these questions receive the following error:

Set Error State: 405 - cmi.interactions.n.student_response must be a valid CMIFeedback

I understand that the CMIFeedback value much be a single letter and this does appear to be happening just not in a way that is intuitive. The questions are graded appropriately, the issue is that the error makes item analysis incredibly difficult. It appears that the first letter of each choice is assigned as the CMIFeedback value.

For example:

This is the question.

a. This is a possible answer.

b. This is a possible answer.

c. This is a possible answer.

d. This is a possible answer.

The answer choices above seem to be assigned "t" as the CMIFeedback value so it's impossible to decipher which choice a learner actually selected.

Is there a way to set this value in Storyline? I've already renamed the choices which seemed like the most logical thing to do. I look forward to your help with this!

Thank you (in advance)!!

21 Replies
Lesley Cashman-Peck

Hi Ashley,

I was viewing the SCORM Cloud debug log. I'm not having issues with the grading which I believe is what the thread with Darrell is about. I'm unable to decipher what a student selected because rather than seeing "a" "b" "c" or "d" which is the answer choices for a question, I'll see that a student answered "w". If they got the question right then I can figure it out, but if they got the question wrong, I have no idea which choice they selected!

Any other ideas?  Thank you!

Ashley Terwilliger-Pollard

Hi Kevin,

I'm not sure I understand what situation you're running in to? With Lesley's post the information she was seeing in her report was determined by how she was publishing and the information held in the SCORM files, and as Lee mentioned publishing with SCORM 2004 provided more information and detail. 

If you're running into an issue with how answers are reported, I'd first look into what options are available within your LMS for reporting and information provided. You could also look into using a site such as SCORM Cloud which is an industry standard for testing SCORM Content. If something isn't behaving as expected in SCORM Cloud than we're happy to take a look. 

Kevin Pokorny

I have created a test in Storyline 2, there are 85 questions and I am randomly selecting 50 questions.  The majority of the questions are multiple choice.  When the test is put on the LMS, several people finish the test but the LMS doesn't show the grades.  I have debugged on SCORM cloud like described on this site.  When I publish to SCORM 1.2 I get error 405 for every multiple choice question.  If I publish to SCORM 204 I get error 403.  I need some help on this issue.

Axel Ditter

Hello

I have the same Problem ...

I created a FreeFormPickMany Question and

1.) Sometimes it works and I get result
2.) sometimes it s not working and I get "undefined"

I tested it in SCORM Cloud and get:
"Set Error State: 405 - cmi.interactions.n.student_response must be a valid CMIFeedback - value must be consistent with interaction type."

[11:21:03.465] LMSSetValue('cmi.interactions.0.id', 'Scene6_Slide1_FreeFormPickMany_0_0') returned 'true' in 0.002 seconds

[11:21:03.465] CheckForSetValueError (cmi.interactions.0.id, Scene6_Slide1_FreeFormPickMany_0_0, cmi.interactions.n.id, 0, )

[11:21:03.465] Element is: interactions.id

[11:21:03.465] Call is error free.

[11:21:03.466] StoreValue (cmi.interactions.0.id, Scene6_Slide1_FreeFormPickMany_0_0, cmi.interactions.n.id, 0, )

[11:21:03.466] Element is: interactions.id

[11:21:03.466] Adding new interaction at position 0

- [11:21:03.467] LMSSetValue('cmi.interactions.0.type', 'choice') returned 'true' in 0.002 seconds

[11:21:03.468] CheckForSetValueError (cmi.interactions.0.type, choice, cmi.interactions.n.type, 0, )

[11:21:03.468] Element is: interacitons.type

[11:21:03.468] Call is error free.

[11:21:03.468] StoreValue (cmi.interactions.0.type, choice, cmi.interactions.n.type, 0, )

[11:21:03.468] Element is: interacitons.type

- [11:21:03.469] LMSSetValue('cmi.interactions.0.student_response', 'Posture:_se_tenir_assis_et_droit,Pr_paration_de_la_vente,Pr_parer_un_bloc-notes_et_un_stylo') returned 'false' in 0.001 seconds

[11:21:03.469] CheckForSetValueError (cmi.interactions.0.student_response, Posture:_se_tenir_assis_et_droit,Pr_paration_de_la_vente,Pr_parer_un_bloc-notes_et_un_stylo, cmi.interactions.n.student_response, 0, )

[11:21:03.470] Element is: interactions.student_response

[11:21:03.470] SCORM ERROR FOUND - Set Error State: 405 - cmi.interactions.n.student_response must be a valid CMIFeedback - value must be consistent with interaction type. Your value is: Posture:_se_tenir_assis_et_droit,Pr_paration_de_la_vente,Pr_parer_un_bloc-notes_et_un_stylo

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.