Screen Recording

Jun 17, 2014

Just starting to use Articulate and I need some help please. I have done some screen recordings and I wanted to put an explanation box on some of these. Is there a way to pause the recording to do this? I have tried:

inserting a box and button. Setting up a trigger to change them to hidden and adjusting the timing so that the mouse shouldn't move before but it still does. And if my user wants to read things or stop to take notes, the mouse will continue.

I know its probably really simple, but I am at a loss.

Thanks

3 Replies
Ashley Terwilliger-Pollard

Hi Sara and welcome to Heroes! 

How are you inserting your screen recordings - as video on a single slide or in step by step mode? If it's video on a single slide, you may want to use a play/pause button such as described here.  

If you're using it as step by step - you can modify any of the captions, hotspots, etc. once you've inserted it. Likely it's set up to advance automatically from slide to slide - so you may want to set it to "advance by user" within the slide properties so that you can allow the user to continue at their own pace. There is some additional information on editing screen recordings within this tutorial. 

Sara Good

Thanks Ashley

Loving Articulate but really stumped by this. I have the recording in as step-by-step. I want to put a box in with some details about the screen. I have insterted this and put a continue button on it. I have attached a screen shot of the figures. I would really like to pause the recording in order for the person to read the notes and then click to continue. It is in show me mode, I could change it so they have to click through I suppose but I would really like to get this to work for a demo.

Not really sure what the fine tuning is doing, in terms of this. I have moved the timeline so there is a pause at the beginning however if the person takes a while to read it, it will start.

Sara

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.