Screen Recording

Mar 11, 2014

Let me begin by saying I'm a fairly new user to Storyline.  I am having an issue with screen recoding's turning into step by steps for try me.   When I run a simple recording of a process, I get three times as many slides with elements than if I were to create it by hand.  For example, on the last lesson I created, the walk through was 31 slides with this tool and seven slides when I did it by hand. 

I work for a software company so all we really focus on are the step through.  his was one of the key elements that I wanted to use with my purchase of the product.  Any tips would be appreciated.

1 Reply
Ashley Terwilliger-Pollard

Hi Scott,

Every action that you perform during a screen recording will be captured and if inserted into step by step mode, translated into a different slide. So if you click on the screen (one slide) you then scroll down to the appropriate point (one slide) and then click on a link (one slide) and that link opens a new window( one slide), so you can see that the behavior quickly adds up. What I would recommend is do a few practice runs to ensure you have the process down to as few clicks as possible, and you could also remove those slides or elements from your Storyline course once completed. There is more information in this tutorial on how to edit screen recording. 

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.