Screen recording

Nov 15, 2013

Hi folks,

I'm sorry if this topic is already listed elsewhere...

Does anyone else notice that their screen recordings when published are fuzzy/ blurry? Is there a way to fix this, a setting that I'm missing or just something that I'm doing wrong?!

Thanks

...Z

5 Replies
Nancy Woinoski

Hi Zdravko, unfortunately you are not doing anything wrong. I think Storyline compresses the videos too much to get the size down.

The trick that many of us have been doing is to publish the course and then go to the story_content folder in the published output, locate the video file and then replace it with the original video file. You will have to rename your original video so that it has the exact same name as the published video and it has to be MP4.

If you were using a format other than MP4 or you want to get the size of the original video down - try pulling it into Articulate Replay first and use the published output from Replay instead of the original video.

Hope this helps

Updated to this post: I just realized you said screen recordings (I think I need to get my eyes tested) so my instructions will not work for you because I was thinking videos. 

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.