screen recording problem

Jan 17, 2019

Hi,

I have created a short tutorial on adding animations in Camtasia and have recorded it using storyline3 (View mode, step by step slide). Everything works well except the last step; the animated object does not move. The animated object moves within Camtasia and even within storyline when it is recorded as Video on a Single Slide mode, though. I published it and here is the link:

https://360.articulate.com/review/content/9292a8c1-438e-4ec9-8ffc-abd73af7d972/review

any ideas?

9 Replies
Ashley Terwilliger-Pollard

Hi Sam,

Thanks for sharing that course for me to take a look at! 

I would be curious if you could try recording again, and capture something after the animation occurs. I'm guessing here, without seeing the file and not using Camtasia myself, but it looks like the step by step is ending with the last user action - clicking the play button. Since the video on a single slide ended when you chose to finish it, that will display everything still occurring. The step by step slides are broken into individual user actions. 

If you're able to give that a try, let me know how it works! 

Leslie McKerchie

Hi Sam,

Thanks for the checking that feature and for the additional information. 

You mentioned that the recording is a part of the video, so let's see if we can get it to display on your slide as expected.

Take a look at this documentation here on editing your screen recording. The action fine tuning will allow you to edit the end frame.

If you'd like us to take a look, with your permission, I'd like for you to share your project file with our support engineers to investigate what's happening. You can upload it here. It will be deleted when troubleshooting is complete.

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.