SCRIPT5009: '__flash__removeCallback' is undefined

Jul 30, 2013

We are experiencing an issue with IE9 and modules that we have created using Storyline.  We have published the modules for web delivery and posted them on a shared server.  We are linking to the modules on the shared server through a web page that we have created.  That web page was set to open the modules in a lightbox instead of opening a new window or tab. 

However, on IE9 only, the module will not close when the lightbox is closed.  The module stays open over the webpage.  We have to navigate to a new page and back to get the module to shut down.  We've tested earlier and later versions of IE and this doesn't happen.  The module closes when the lightbox is closed.  We have also tried it on Chrome, Firefox, and Safari.  The module closes as it shouldin those browsers. 

The web guys have said that it is a conflict between the Flash player and the browser and that there isn't anything that can be done from their side.  I am not sure if there is a solution to this.  Please let me know if you know of a way to fix it.  For now, we are having the module open in a separate window.  However, we want to minimize the number of windows that are opened and would like to have this open in a lightbox vs. a new window. 

This is the error that they sent me:  SCRIPT5009: '__flash__removeCallback' is undefined
story.html, line 40 character 10274

4 Replies

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.