Scroll not working in Menu and Notes tab - Articulate 360

Apr 09, 2019

Is anyone else having this issue and do you have a fix if so?

The scroll bar is not working in the Menu and Notes tabs of my published files using Modern Player. See attached mp4 for an example. The user cannot scroll up or down to see the whole menu or transcript.

11 Replies
Katie Riggio

Hi, Christa. Thanks for sharing that recording!

I haven't come across this particular behavior yet, and I'm happy to help investigate:

• What Storyline 360 update are you using? You can find this detail by clicking on the Help tab, then About Storyline.
  • Did you publish your courses for Web, LMS, or something else?
  • With your permission, I'd like to test one of your project files in IE to get a clear picture of what's happening. If that works for you, here's where you can share the file privately with me. I'll let you know what I find, and will delete it after troubleshooting.
Christa Novelli

Hi, I'm on version v3.23.17522.0

The course is published to an LMS as SCORM 2004, 4th edition.

Because we are a Dept of Defense contractor, I unfortunately cannot share any of our files without an NDA, which is obviously more than I'd expect for troubleshooting!

We are only finding this issue with Modern Player, so for now I have gone back to using Classic Player.

Ashley Terwilliger-Pollard

Hi Christa,

Not to worry - our Support Team is able to sign an NDA and we're always happy too! Reach out to them privately and we can get the ball rolling. 

The other piece to look at would be updating to Storyline 360, build 3.26.18364.0 as that's the latest version. If it works while using that update, then you should be good to go! 

Katie Riggio

Welcome, Jenny. Sorry you're running into this on the latest update. I'd love to help!

A few questions to help us explore the next steps:

• Is this happening with all Storyline files or a certain one?
  • Where did you host the published output?
  • Would you mind sharing your .story file so I can take a closer look at the behavior? You can share it publicly here, or send it to me privately by using this upload link. I'll delete it when we solve this puzzle!
Katie Riggio

Oh no, Christa! Sorry to hear the issue with the scroll bar is back.

If you're still publishing for LMS, I'm curious if the scroll bar works correctly in SCORM Cloud, an LMS testing environment we use to gauge course performance. 

Let us know if you need a hand with testing there, our Support team keeps all files confidential and can also sign an NDA–if that works for you and your team! We'll figure this mystery out together!

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.