Scrolling Panel

Dec 03, 2013

I created a slide with a scrolling panel where learners can practice using a scroll wheel. When I publish to  CD it works. When I publish to LMS, it does not work and I need it to work in our LMS.

I haven't a clue on how to diagnose this problem. I've attached the slide for review.

Very grateful for any help.

Nikki

11 Replies
Michael Hinze

Nikki, I published your project as a SCORM package, uploaded it to SCORM cloud (https://cloud.scorm.com) and tested it there; the scroll wheel works from within this LMS. So, there must be something in your LMS configuration that prevents this to work. When you view normal webcontent (e.g. a long webpage) in your LMS and use the scrollwheeel does that work? As a side note, I noticed gthat you had enabled the HTML5 publish options and wonder what's the plan here. On an iPad for example, there is no mouse or scroll wheel, so this screen at least wouldn't work on mobile devices.

Nikki Lowin

Let me add,

When I Preview the slide, it works.

When I publish it to CD, it works.

When I hit View Project once Storyline has finished publishing to LMS, it does not work.

When I launch the training in SCORM Cloud it does not work.

I use a Sony VAIO laptop with a Windows 7 operating system. Does this sound like a communication or glitch error between my operating system and the software?

Michael Hinze

Nikki Lowin said:

Let me add,

When I hit View Project once Storyline has finished publishing to LMS, it does not work.

I use a Sony VAIO laptop with a Windows 7 operating system. Does this sound like a communication or glitch error between my operating system and the software?

Does this one here work for you? it was published for Web.

Michael Hinze

Michael Hinze said:

Nikki Lowin said:

Let me add,

Does this one here work for you? it was published for Web.

Sorry, forgot to include the URL: http://dev.keypointlearn.com/xcl71_SL/ScrollWheel/story.html

Nikki Lowin

One last thing before I head to class,

I just tested with SCORM cloud on another computer. The scroll wheel function does not work when the main window is maximized.

When the window is minimized, the scroll wheel functions with my panel only after the main window has reached the limits of the scroll bar.  The scroll wheel function seems to give priority to the main window before it will work on my scroll panel.

I've attached a short video of what's happening.

thanks.

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.