Scrolling panel

Jul 04, 2013

Is it possible to automate scrolling panel in Storyline so that it scrolls automatically with narrationĀ .

Any thoughts

8 Replies
Walt Hamilton

Two thoughts: research shows that receiving words through the audio channel and visual channel simultaneously creates more interference than reinforcement. I know, it seems counter-intuitive, but the strongest reinforcement is seeing a picture while hearing a description of it. Kinetic text also seems to have good results, but is very time-consuming to produce.

Still, if you have to do it, I recommend a small text box with a variable in it. Assign one or two lines of text to the variable, and change it at the appropriate time to pace the narration.

Laurel Schulert

Thank you all for the help.

Walt, I understand what you're saying, but I don't think what I have in mind would be too difficult for learners to follow. Basically, I have a scrolling panel of images that are similar to a flow chart. As learners flow through the images, I wanted corresponding audio narrating.

I might actually end up doing something like the Manhattan map example shown here: https://community.articulate.com/articles/are-scrolling-panels-in-your-e-learning-bag-of-tricks-they-should-be

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.