Scrolling panel

May 20, 2013

Hi,

Is there  auto transcpting option in articulate storyline?

In my project I have a requirement of auto scrolling and  auto highlighting the text lines based on timeline.Please help me Thank you .

2 Replies
Rebecca Fleisch Cordeiro

Hi Venki,

Storyline doesn't include auto transcripting. Not sure how heavy your demands are-sound pretty heavy, since timeline based.

Anything typed in the Notes area can be revealed by displaying the Notes tab in the player. You may already know this. If not, from the Home tab, click Player. With the Features tab active in the Player Properties dialog box, under Play Tab, place a checkmark in the Notes checkbox. But there's no highlighting, and it's not really timeline sensitive.

Steve Flowers provided a really cool CC work around in this thread.

I'm sure others will respond with whatever else is out there!

BTW, Camtasia 8 does included a very nice caption tracks tool.

venki machineni

Rebecca Fleisch Cordeiro said:

Hi Venki,

Storyline doesn't include auto transcripting. Not sure how heavy your demands are-sound pretty heavy, since timeline based.

Anything typed in the Notes area can be revealed by displaying the Notes tab in the player. You may already know this. If not, from the Home tab, click Player. With the Features tab active in the Player Properties dialog box, under Play Tab, place a checkmark in the Notes checkbox. But there's no highlighting, and it's not really timeline sensitive.

Steve Flowers provided a really cool CC work around in this thread.

I'm sure others will respond with whatever else is out there!

BTW, Camtasia 8 does included a very nice caption tracks tool.

Thanks for your reply, Rebecca

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.