Scrolling panel issues with 360

Dec 22, 2016

Has anyone had issue with scrolling panels in 360. I can't seem to scroll up or down to see whats wrong with the text.  Mine seem to either get stuck at the top or bottom, but i can't seem to scroll up or down to fix any text that is there. This worked just fin in Storyline 2. 

61 Replies
Alyssa Gomez

Hi Adam, sorry to hear you've run into these issues. Can you reproduce this behavior in a brand new file, or is it just this file that's giving you these problems? If it's just the one file, you can try importing your slides into a new Storyline 360 file to see if that fixes it. 

Let me know if this helps, or if we need to investigate further. You're always welcome to share your file here with the Add Attachment button, or if you'd prefer to share it privately, you can do so by way of this form. 

Alyssa Gomez

Hi Adam,

Thank you for sharing your file here. It took some manipulating, but I was able to get the scroll bar to work. I had to decrease the width of the text box a bit, and I moved it down just below the top edge of the scrolling text area. Please take a look at the attached file, and let me know if it works for you!

Adam Larson

Hi Ayssa,  Yes, I am able to play with it enough, the scrollbar is suddenly working. But then when you take the scroll bar and move it down to edit text, it gets stuck there, which makes you have to go back and fidget with it again and again. This should not be the case. very quickly the file you sent would have to be fixed again. I created a screencast as an example: http://www.screencast.com/t/hTo6dR95s.  Are there any other ideas on what we can do? Is this a 360 issue? as i said it didn't happen in Storyline 2. I have already converted to 360 on this course and can't go back to 2.

Alyssa Gomez

Thanks for sharing that screencast, I definitely see what you mean. This is not an issue I've seen before, so I'm going to share all of this with our support engineers so they can investigate further. You will hear from someone on the support team shortly, and I'll also follow along as the case progresses. 

Alyssa Gomez

I wanted to pop in and share an update from our Support Engineers for those who may encounter this in the future:

I'm able to duplicate the issue you described on a brand new file. I agree that the scrolling panel is working smoothly in Storyline 2 and that this issue appears to be specific to Storyline 360. I've submitted it to our Quality Assurance team for further review. 

The only workaround I was able to come up is to perform edit of the text outside the scrolling panel, resize and drop it to the panel. Then, avoid using the scroll bar by clicking and dragging it in downward or upward direction when authoring. The only way you can test is to publish the content and view the output. The scroll bar appears to work fine when published. 

Kate Doherty

Hi there

I'm also experiencing SL 360 scrolling panel issues. Used to do what I am currently trying to achieve easily in SL 2. I've submitted a case, along with a story. file. Case number 00992000 for any Articualte Staff who may want to follow the case :)

Issues experienced:

- Info disappearing

- Additional white space being added in after scrolling up and down

Hope there's a fix :)

Byron Tik

it appears to be a bug, but you can work around it till they fix it. 

- create the scrolling panel field

- hide it

- create all the elements you want to place in the scrolling panel fields, place them the way you want them to appear, under each other etc.

- group all the elements and drag into the scrolling panel field, leave grouped

- if you touch the scroll bar and the grouped elements jump up, drag the group back  down within the scrolling panel. 

- if things end up in a mess, go to the time line, select all the elements, cut and paste, hide the panel and start again:)

wait for the fix.

I may or may not have this right, but it worked for me:)

Kate Doherty

Byron Tik

Thanks for detailing that approach. I've applied your recommendations and it works!!! (Relief!)

Just as a note, I couldn't group all of my elements, because I had a slider function in the scroll, and can't 'group' that, so I placed the slider interaction in individually, but grouped everything else and dragged it into the scroll panel.

Also, once the scrolling panel was populated with everything, I didn't attempt to scroll up and down, whilst on my slide. I just made sure I placed everything correctly the first time.

After several previews it seems to be working gracefully :)

So yes Alyssa, the workaround works :)

Now to go fix my second scroll panel.

I received an update from Cleo, and he has sent the issue I'm experiencing to QA. I hope there's a fix in the very near future, if it is a bug!

Thanks errrbody! 

Ashley Terwilliger-Pollard

Hi all,

I wanted to provide an update here, as Articulate 360 Update 3 was just released, and included a number of fixes which you can see in the release notes available here. The item you all may be particularly interested in is how it fixed an issue where a scrolling panel would sometimes disappear while scrolling through it in the Storyline editor. When you open the 360 Desktop application you’ll be prompted to  download the latest update and after downloading and installing the latest update you’ll want to republish any existing content to ensure that the updates and fixes are applied.

Let us know if you have any questions, either here or by reaching out to our Support Engineers directly.

Jessica Visser

Hi! I'm still getting a LARGE amount of empty space under my text in my scroll box. I've got the latest update, I don't touch the box once I've placed the text in, and hidden the box and unhidden it. I've placed a help call with Articulate weeks ago, but have heard nothing back. The case is #01040088 with Abel Colocado. This was on 3/22 and I've heard nothing. I'm desperate because I've got a client who wants their completed course. PLEASE HELP!! 

Leslie McKerchie

Hi Jessica - Thanks for reaching back out to Abel in your case as well. Your issue has been reported and shared internally. It looks like the issue identified is specific to Internet Explorer, so the learners would be able to utilize the course in other browsers. We attempt to prioritize issues based on user impact and we do know that this is an important one.

Leslie McKerchie

Hi Trevor,

Storyline 360 for you as well I presume?

Yes, this is still an open issue with our team. We try to prioritize based on user impact and you can read more on our process here.

I do not have an update to share at this time, but I do appreciate you chiming in to let us know that you are experiencing this issue as well.

Leslie McKerchie

Hello Quennie and welcome to E-Learning Heroes :)

Are you utilizing Storyline 360 as well? As mentioned above, this is an issue that our team is aware of and has been reported. I did update the impact as there are many customers affected in this forum thread alone. We try to prioritize based on user impact and you can read more on our process here.

The only workaround we have listed is for the users to use another browser.